Thursday 20 August 2009

A hard won breakfast


Dinner used to be my favourite meal of the day, but now breakfast wins by a mile. There is nothing like eating that first meal of the day after you've exercised. After doing Fitbitch this morning, I did my own workout although admittedly, this brekkie tasted all the more amazing as the blackberries were hand picked from Devil's Dyke in yesterday's sunshine.
Although, before you get the image of me looking all monthly magazine shoot with wicker basket in one hand, flowers in my hair (why do they always style shoots like that? As if...) I went up in Haviana flip flops and board shorts. Not sensible when trying to pick blackberries out of tangled bushes.
Cue me standing on one foot, trying to lean up and over a particularly thorny bush and nearly toppling headlong into the whole damn patch. But yes, these devilish black berries were well worth it. Give it another 10 days and these will be falling into your hands from the bushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment